Olena O. Tyshchenko
Olena O. Tyshchenko – Assistant Professor, Candidate of Sciences in Philology – was born in Kyiv in 1985.
In 2007 she graduated with honours from Kyiv National University (speciality – “Language and Literature (Modern Greek, English)”) obtaining Master’s Degree in Philology and gaining the diploma in teaching the Modern Greek and the English languages and foreign literature and in translation from Modern Greek and English.
In 2007–2010 she was doing her postgraduate studies at the Department of Hellenic Studies. In 2011 she successfully defended her thesis “Grammatical Gender in the System of Noun Categories in the Modern Greek Language” under the supervision of Professor N. F. Klymenko.
Since 2009 Olena O. Tyshchenko has been working at the Department of Hellenic Studies. She conducts practical language classes and teaches Communicative Strategies to students who study Modern Greek both as the first and the second foreign language at the Institute of Philology. She also teaches Modern Greek and delivers lectures on Greek Area Studies to students of the Institute of Journalism.
Being the author of a number of publications on grammatical peculiarities of the Modern Greek language, Olena O. Tyshchenko actively participates in both Ukrainian and international conferences on linguistics. She is also an active member of Andrii Biletsky Centre for the Promotion of Greek Language and Culture. She has taken part in different exchange and training programmes at Greek Universities.
Research Interests: Grammar, Stylistics of Modern Greek.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Gender as a Grammatical Category of the Modern Greek Noun // Linguistic and Conceptual Pictures of the World: collection of scientific articles. – Kyiv: Dmytro Burago’s Publishing House, 2009. – P. 350-354.
• Tyshchenko O. O. The Formation of Feminine Nouns Denoting Professions With the Help of Suffixes -τρια and -ισσα in Modern Greek // Scientific Transactions. – № 81 (1). – Kirovograd: Kirovograd State Pedagogical University, 2009. – P.290-294.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Modern Trends in the Formation of Feminine Nouns Denoting Professions in Modern Greek // Semantics of Language and Text. – Ivano-Frankivsk: V. Stefanyk National University, 2009. – Part II. – P.339-342.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Semantico-Grammatical Meaning of the Category of Gender of the Modern Greek Noun // Languages and Cultures of New Europe: Contacts and Originality. – Kyiv: Dmytro Burago’s Publishing House, 2009. – P. 472-478.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Grammatical Gender in the Works of Greek Linguists // Linguistica: collection of scientific articles. – Lugansk: Lugansk National University, 2009. – № 2 (17). – P. 233-238.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Equivalents of Feminine Nouns Denoting Professions in Modern Greek // Bulletin of Zhytomyr Ivan Franko State University. – Zhytomyr, 2010. – № 49. – P. 218-222.
• Tyshchenko O. O. Gender Variability of Modern Greek Nouns Denoting Lifeless Things // Linguistic and Conceptual Pictures of the World. – Kyiv: Dmytro Burago’s Publishing House, 2010. – P. 326-331.
The Institute of Philology is located in the Humanities Building of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (14 Taras Shevchenko Blvd, Kyiv)
by mail: 14 Taras Shevchenko Blvd., Kyiv, Ukraine, 01601
by phone: +380 44 239-33-02
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org